December 13, 2016
As this year’s chair of Awards for KATG, I invite you to calendar the following dates:
Rhonda Westerhaus [email protected]
December 1 2016 - February 1 2017
Be sure to sign up for National German Exams. You should have gotten an email from AATG. ( I have students in community college who took the German II exam and felt good about it. )
Mid-end February 2017 (when the work really starts!)
- Expect tabulated NGE exam results for all of Kansas via email from both Quia (responsible for compiling statistical info) and AATG. I will review information and compile a list of students who achieved Goldurkunde (90% percentile or higher) making them eligible for a summer stipend should they also meet these other requirements: have a min.weeks since the age of six.
Invite/encourage eligible students to submit an application for a AATG-PAD study trip award I (non-seniors) or II (seniors only) by the deadline (early March - you will receive info about this via email)
- Students submit applications for AATG-PAD study trip awards I and II by early March deadline (last year it was March 4) and prepare to be interviewed at SK
-As Testing/awards chair, I will receive an email from AATG that notifies about/confirms the KS applicants for both awards. If there are no applicants, then no need for interviews at SK. If there is even one applicant, you will hold the interview(s) at SK, Saturday, March 4, 2017 at KU.
- Submit nominations to AATG Study Trip as well as Kansas Outstanding Teacher by nomination deadline!
( More information to come)!
- Nominees and testing/awards chair receive notification of Study Trip Awardees around April 10.
Congratulatory emails to nominated students, regardless of outcome are welcome.
- KATG Outstanding Teacher Award is presented at Deutsches Wochenende (AATG president must sign the certificate)
- Prepare testing/awards report for KATG business meeting - review previous KATG meeting minutes for suggestions for report
|(Please submit items for this section)|