Saturday April 1, 2017 9:00 AM -
Grasslandia: An International Workshop for K-12 Teachers
Saturday, April 1, 9:00am-3:00pm | Spencer Museum of Art (SMA), University of Kansas
Join us for an exploration of the grasslands of the world! Hear from experts on prairies, pampas, savannas & steppes.
• Kelly Kindscher, Senior Scientist, Kansas Biological Survey: American Midwest
• Dan Hirmas, Associate Professor & Aoesta Mohammed, PhD Candidate, Geography & Atmospheric Science: Iraq
• Alex Diener, Associate Professor, Geography & Atmospheric Science: Mongolia
• Abel Chikanda, Assistant Professor, Geography & African/African American Studies: African savannas
• Short videos will feature grasslands of Latin American and global grassland conservation.
Breakout sessions include visits to Baker Wetlands & the SMA’s teaching gallery. A FREE lunch will be served.
The workshop is FREE, but registration is required. Please email Randi Hacker, [email protected] and put Grasslandia! in the subject line. Please let Randi know if you are interested in the graduate credit which costs $65. Education students are welcome to attend.
Each teacher may invite one student.
Please arrive at the Spencer Museum of Art at 8:30-9:00am to register on the main level. The workshop begins promptly at 9:00am.
This workshop is organized by KU’s Center for East Asian Studies, Center for Global & International Studies, Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies, Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies, and Kansas African Studies Center.